When my husband and I were married a little over five years ago, my happy little design world was rocked. I found myself making decision about keeping or getting rid of a futon (seriously, that one was easy), an oversized leather sofa (yikes) and an overwhelming amount of stuffed wildlife. So, I did what any girl in my position would do….I “suggested a garage sale and did my best to sell of “his” things in order to tone down the college frat house feel that our home was being taken over by.
We have come a long way around here, but the bright and chic home that I imagined has never really happened. The only pink in our home resides in the guest room and its only a tiny dose. I’m happy to compromise but I can still dream. I think Carrie Bradshaw was on to something when she kept her apartment after moving in with Mr. Big…sometimes a girl just needs to get away!
Today’s Get The Look is beautiful, sweet and a little edgy..just the kind of place I would like to escape to sometimes. We snagged it from one of our favorite places to shop for the perfect girly chic piece, Furbish Studio.
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Gold Leafed Wire Pendant 2. Opaline Art 3. White Coral Sconces 4. Verano Vase 5. Lacquer Vase 6. Marble Fireplace 7. Black & White Spotted Chair 8. Blue Diamond Rug 9. Jujubee Pink Pillow 10. Fortune Garden Stool 11. Round Tufted Ottoman
Bold colors, patterns and tons of chic help pull together this week’s Weekend Window. We have a ton of fabulous new pillows, lighting, art and rugs that all work great with the Tribal Chic feel this week. If you are looking for a few bold or even toned down tribal chic pieces to add to you home, take a look at our “shop the look” section.
SHOP THIS WEEK’S WEEKEND WINDOW
1. Turquoise Chandelier 2. Kaleidoscope Art Print 3. Agate Lamp 4. Side Table 5. Cosmo Navy Rug 6.Mantauk Zig Zag Pillow 7.Bamboo Ikat Lumbar Pillow 8. Luanda Multicolor Pillow 9. Analise Chair 10. Kaori Purple Pillow
I love this little nook of yellow goodness from designer Gary Spain. The black and yellow color palette is tastefully done and I love the fun playful accents like the moroccan poof, black bust and of course that gorgeous David Hicks Hex wallpaper! Earlier this year we created a Weekend Window with the same color palette inspired by Alexander McQueen and Marc Jacobs. I loved it so much, that I had to bring a little black and yellow back! We brought in the classic hex pattern with the honeycomb rug, added a fun warm yellow velvet accent chair and modernized the black dresser with a black lacquer piece that is one of our favorites from The Shop!
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Mama & Baby Birds Art Print 2. You Are My Sunshine Art Print 3. Love You Art Print 4. Citron Ceramic Lamp 5. Yuma Vases 6. Black Lacquer Dresser 7. Annie Chairs 8. Peek White Pillows 9. White Pouf 10. Honeycomb Rug
I have been a fan of this color combo forever and think it is the perfect way to welcome summer. The true deep purples look amazing mixed with corals and even other versions of the hue like tangerine. I always tend to lean towards neutral pieces when selecting furniture but would love to go all out one day with a fabulous bold chair like this one! Of course the color palette always comes together with art, pillows and fabulous accessories. And HELLO!! How gorgeous are these orange cowhide ottomans? I love them!
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Flash Canvas 2. Chanel Cased Vases 3. Amethyst Lamp 4. Dalton Console 5. Decker Bench 6. Sasha Lounge Chair 7. Kaori Purple Pillow 8. Orange Tile Pillow 9. Boho Ikat Pillow 10. Boho Artista Pillow
Who doesn’t love a mirrored console table? I find it hard to pass them up and today’s Get The Look tones down the feminine feel that a mirrored console tends to bring to a space. Black and white art, a accent rug and touches of blue keep the room soothing while the bold orb chandelier and nailhead detail on the ottomans add a warm modern touch. I love mixing multiple art pieces in a space and if you have the room in an entry, I say go for it. You can purchase pieces from local artist or mix in pieces from your children to make the space feel a bit more personal. It is a great way to bring in the accent color and create an interesting space for you guest to walk into.
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Orb Chandelier 2. Blue Block Canvas 3. Charcoal Drawing 4. Watercolor Wall Art 5. Framed Bird Wall Art 6. Black & White Wall Art 7.White Tassel Table Lamp 8. Metallic Jewelry Box 9. Flared Vase 10. Geometric Vase 11. Mirrored Circle Console 12. Linen Turquoise Stools 13. Black & White Cow Hide Rug
I really wanted this week’s Weekend Window to show off all of our fabulous new colorful pieces. But after our Texas temperatures dropped from 85 to 40 overnight I was feeling like something a little warmer! So black and brass it is, a gorgeous and classic look that screams sophistication. So we mixed a few of our favorite basic gold leafed pieces with large scale graphic pattern and of course a bit of bling!
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Bamboo Mirror 2. Vella Candlesticks 3. Antique Brass Table Lamp 4. X Base Gold Leafed Desk 5. Black Leather Calvin Chair 6. Black & Tan Graphic Rug 7.Geo Tile Pillow 8. Black Diamond Pillow 9. Brown Hex Pillow
We have been crazy busy around the Studio the past few month! I have tons of project updates to share and I am really excited to see them all come together. The details are always my favorite part of a project. I love the overall design plan and pull the color scheme together, but the details always make each room unique.
I have shown off a few pics from this current home over the past few months and the details are just lovely. An overall soothing color palette of seafoam greens, aquas and pops of coral and teal have began to make their way into the home! Last week the GORGEOUS Leila mother of pearl and bone inlay coffee table was delivered and IT IS PERFECT!! Here are a few sneak peeks of the room and of course the coffee table. The rug, accent table and art are on the way so I promise to share the details here on The Blog and of course on our INSTAGRAM page!!
And a little something extra! We are waiting on our casual dining table and art in the small off kitchen dining space!!! I am obsessed with the chairs….be still my heart!!! It is going to be fabulous!!
We have been crazy busy around The Studio the past few months and I can not wait to share a few of the fabulous projects that we are working on. This project has been in the works for a while and all of the pieces are finally starting to come in for the installation. We started with a subtle palette of navy, grey and white and brought the room to life with bold pops of color using pillows, art and accessories! Keep an eye out for a few installation pictures as this project begins to come together!
And of course if you see a few pieces you just can’t live without you can snag them in our exclusively online only boutique, Shop Ten 25.
Cavier Pendant | Starburst Mirror | Amethyst Table Lamp | Rubik Media Console
Jujubee Pink Pillow | Turquoise Paisley Pillow | Purple Kaori Pillow
PLEASE EMAIL US FOR MORE DETAILS ON FURNITURE AND ART
This has to be one of my favorite office spaces. I love that my client wanted to be bold, colorful and rock the pink! We had the pleasure of designing the interiors of this fabulous clothing boutique just north of Dallas, and we decided to go all out bold. The office space had to have multiple functions. It needed a conference table, desk space for computer and a lounge area that could serve double duty as a meeting space as well as a place to bring in tons of pattern and color!
I thought it would be fun to share a few of the fabulous pieces we used to get this over the top look for the boutique’s office! Happy shopping!
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Pink Chandelier 2. Fetish Silk Painting 3. Flamingo Wallhanging 4. Round Glass Metal Pendant 5. Twisted Mirror Accent Table 6. White Chesterfield Sofa 7. Damask Throw Pillow 8. Pink Mongolia Fur Pillow 9. Silver Moroccan Pouf 10. Blue Striped Chair 11. Maia Trellis Rug
A tonal color palette, chic metals and wood elements create an Industrial Chic look that we love. I am a sucker for pops of color but sometimes this overall sleek and minimal look pulls me in. Adding a few tonal graphic patterns and tons of textures is one of my favorite ways to pull it all together. My favorite piece in this look has to be the linen club chairs!
SHOP THE LOOK
1. Oval Wire Pendant 2. Hello Darling Art Print 3. Hello Beautiful Art Print 4. Hello Sunshine Art Print 5.Hand Painted Tin Boxes 6. Silver Metal Strap Lamp 7. Phillip Desk 8.Chester Grey Club Chair 9.Brown Chain Link Pillow 10. Zuel Ivory and Beige Rug 11. Faceted Polished Glass Bowl 12. Beckett Coffee Table