Texas’ Next Top Designer
This past weekend I attended the Trunk Show for the Texas’ Next Top Designer competition. The top 20 contestants had all of their fabulous pieces on display and even shown off by stunning models in mini-fashion shows. My friend Darian Thomas is once again a top 20 finalist so I had to stop by to take a peek at her new 2010 collection!
The Search for Texas’ Next Top Designer competition includes fashion designers throughout Texas. A group of 20 finalists are then selected for the final evaluation. Since that first award, the organization has been proud to review the work of some of Texas’ most talented designers, including this year’s top 20:
- Ann Hoang – Ann Hoang by Ann Hoang
- Darian Thomas – HAUTE DJ –www.darianthomas.com
- Jessica Sharp – HAUTE DJ –www.jessicasharp.com
- James Martinez – BARRON & J
- Ashley Burghardt – ASHARD RICHLEY
- Johnna Sheppard – Blest
- Blanquita Sullivan & Tara Pettinato – Bonjour Biqui
- Jeannie Vianney – By Jeannie Jewelry
- Carissa – Carissa Rose
- Charmaine Marshall – Charmaine Marshall
- Lauren Polt – chicka-d
- Leesie Pool – Hex Chromosome
- Anthony Muelle – Hueso Outlaw
- Julie Michel – Julie Michel Designs
- Dorris Bogus – KaMIT Sport
- La’Daska Powell – LADASKA MECHELLE
- Jessica and Jason – LilahGabriel
- Marie Bruns – Marie Bruns
- Gladys Bowie-Young – Miss Jane Originals
- Sarah – STATUS
- Ashlee Patton & Isabel Varela – VARELA+BROOKS
Darian & I had a great time chatting with other designers, showing off her pieces to guests and bustin’ a move while the DJ kept the party going. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Santa Monica top that Darian is wearing from her Spring/Summer 2011 Aquatica Collection.
Here she is getting the models ready…adding jewelry from Haute DJ was the final step.
Take a peek at a few of the colorful pieces in the collections….I am loving the coral beads with the gold kale accent.
The courtyard was beautiful and the weather could not have been more perfect for a fashion show outdoors. This Del Mar dress from the Spring/Summer 2011 Collection is also on my list…but maybe another 10″ or so on the hemline for this 30 something girl!
Sour Grapes created a graffiti wall that was auctioned off…