Home Away From Home: First Impressions
Amanda contacted me for help with her newly updated entry and was ready for a major change. After replacing the worn out carpet with espresso stained maple hardwoods, adding crown moulding and updating the paint she had no idea what to do next. She said the “boxy” entry felt cold and she was ready to add pieces that would make a “wow” first impression. She was ready to bring in statement pieces and go chic!
Since Amanda send me pieces from Shop Ten 25 as inspiration and requested our “home away from home” online design service, she will receive a discount on any purchase she makes from the shop!
So, here is what I have come up with! A space that is classy, chic and full of statement pieces! I’m in love…
Here are a few of the requests that Amanda gave me for the space and the breakdown of the pieces:
* “I’m open to a console table, but really have my heart set on a large piece that can also be used as storage.”
This espresso lacquer and mirrored buffet piece is from World’s Away. It brings in the sophistication and chic feel that Amanda was wanting. We have also resolved the storage concern that she has. This AVA buffet will be the perfect place for anything that Amanda needs to tuck away.
* ” I am open to bringing in art as long as it’s something bright and abstract. I’m really not a landscape / floral type of girl”
Silver Lining from artist Chris Judy is simply stunning and the colors will give us plenty of options when selecting the accessories! With four sizes to select from, Amanda can work with the scale that fits best in the entry. I have suggested the 36″x54″ on canvas and if framing the print is not a priority, it will be gorgeous just stretched.
* “As for the walls in the entry, I really really really want to bring in a wallpaper. Something with a pattern but simple, I don’t want to spend money on something that won’t look good if I change things up down the road.”
Simple, classic and something that works with everything……can you say Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis in Alabaster?! This classic pattern is perfect for Amanda’s entry! The warm alabaster color will compliment the new hardwoods and create movement without overpowering the room.
* ” I know I’ve asked you to help me with the entry but the dining room is just off of this space. Would you be able to suggest a basic dining chair that will blend with my entry? I plan to place the extra dining chairs by the entry console piece, it’s a look that I have been wanting for a while now.”
Amanda did include pictures of her dining room to help me with the selection of the dining chairs. These ivory leather Marilyn chairs work perfectly with the the pieces in the entry and finding a dining table to compliment these beauties will be easy!
* “I must have a starburst mirror! I love them and really want to bring one into the space.”
Check! How about two of them in a warm iron finish to frame out that stunning piece of art?! I love the way they look over the dining chairs too, very chic!
*”As for accessories, I am really open to anything. I must say, I have been obsessing over the two ceramic parrots at Shop Ten 25…hint hint!”
Now we need a little bit of color to tie in with the painting, I love these Paulette lamps from Arteriors Home!
The finishing touch, the two white ceramic parrots!
Know what you want but not quite sure how to pull it all together? Let our home away from home online design services inspire you to finish your room! We are adding our home away from home services to Shop Ten 25 very soon! Any online design services will receive a private discount code to use on all purchase from Shop Ten 25!!